Position Title: Packaging & Kitting Specialist
Package and kit products using manual and automated processes and equipment; with the support of related documentation; such as Work Orders, Work Instructions, Drawings and Schematics that to meet or exceed customer quality and on-time delivery standards.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Prior packaging or assembly experience is preferred
- Forklift certification a plus
- Must be able to read, write, speak and comprehend English.
- Must be able to apply basic math skills and use standard and metric measurements.
- Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office is required, including internet and email and spreadsheet skills.
- Must be willing and able to learn other software including ERP/accounting, databases and label printing.
- Experience with Bills of Material, work instructions and customer drawings is preferred.
- Understanding of hardware, hand tools, scales and equipment is preferred.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required for this position. This list is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Management, which will be discussed with the employee.
- Produce products that meet high quality standards
- Read and follow bill of materials, routings, complex schematics/multi-level assembly drawings and work instructions
- Follow work order travelers and other production documents
- Perform testing as needed
- Work with Leader/Coach to ensure focus on goals and decisions in the best interest of Gardan, its employees and customers
- Communicate regularly with Leader/Coach and fellow team members to resolve production and team issues
- Suggest training needs for self and team
- Interact with customers to answer questions and address concerns in a professional and timely manner
- Participate in new job set-ups, providing feedback and ideas
- Assist in the resolution of customer issues and implementation of changes
- Assist with determining equipment, tooling and space needs for production
- Work with Quality & Safety Department to identify and meet quality requirements
- Work with Quality & Safety Department to address internal safety issues, including prevention of accidents
- Work with Leader/Coach to research and identify quality specifications such as, but not limited to, crimp heights, pull test values, torque values and material identification
- Assist with Production process change initiatives
- Work with team members to conduct cycle counts and resolve discrepancies
- Work with Leader/Coach to determine best practices for material movement within the work center
Space and Equipment
- Adhere to 5S practices
- Work with Leader/Coach and Maintenance to maintain equipment to prolong life, prevent accidents and minimize downtime
- Perform minor machine and/or mechanical adjustments in addition to basic machine change/switch over and preventative maintenance
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be required to do the following, including but not limited to:
- Sit and /or stand for long periods of time
- Repetitive use of hands and arms to hold, feel, move and reach products, tools and controls. Use of feet on machine foot pedals.
- Occasionally climb or balance, stoop, kneel or crouch
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Vision requirements include, close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus to environment
- Frequent exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock
- Noise level is usually moderate, but some equipment may produce a higher level of noise for a period of time.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOURS AND TRAVEL
- This is an hourly full-time position with an expectation of 40-45 hours per week, unless agreed upon otherwise.
- Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm with flexibility to accommodate need for overtime and customer demand. Start time is flexible from 5:00 am to 8:00 am.
- Consistent start time is expected.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.